Tuesday, March 02, 2004

 
My uselessness has been proven once more.

You know, I really don't mind it when Jon goes over my head to Paul with his computer problems. Granted it's a little annoying when he asks me for help with his IT homework and when I do it he has no faith in me. Yes, he asked for my help and then when I went through the answers with him his exact words were "well you don't really sound like you know about it, I'm gonna ask Paul" (who gave the same answers I did). But still. Paul knows A LOT more than me as he rightfully should with his education and experience. Hell, I ask him questions myself. After all, where do you think I learn it from?

The thing that really gets me is this: I love to help my friends with things. Being an idiot when it comes to most topics, this doesn't leave me much to help with. Computers are something I have a higher-than-average knowledge about. I'm minoring in CEUT. So where do my friends go when they need help with their computers? To the guy who claimed CEUT was "a completely useless program which would never let you amout to anything." He fixes a few things in the System Information tab and they believe he's "gone right into the machine code to fix it." Grr.

I'm sorry, this was triggered because I was helping someone over AIM with something and in the middle they were like "oh this guy's here I don't need you anymore, thanks." Yeah sure he knows some about computers, but why not ask the guy who STUDIED this PARTICULAR PROBLEM a WEEK AGO and will be working with computers the rest of his life?

Just a thought.

|

<< Home

Archives

October 2003   November 2003   December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   December 2006   March 2007   June 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?