Thursday, April 01, 2004

 
Happy April Fool's Day, everyone! I get to see my dad tonight, and for anyone who hasn't been witness to his twisted sense of humor, you have no idea what I'm in for... When he asked a couple weeks ago if I was free tonight I didn't realize what holiday it was. Ah well, a night of horrible puns awaits.

The mystery disease seems to be in remission...

For those of you who don't know, I apparently not only got a girlfriend on Saturday, but some sort of mouth infection. Yeah, just my luck, I know. Anyway mom and Mark looked at it and thought it was no big deal, just a couple sores in the back of my mouth. They had me treat it with salt water, which worked for the first couple days. It was when I woke up yesterday and couldn't breathe that looked in there to see how many sores had developed and decided it was time to see a doctor. Mom called our family physician and his nurse told her to refer me to the nearest available health center... which, sadly, was Whitewater's.

Now, I've never been a fan of that place from day one. Anybody who proclaims Bronchitis is an STD, prescribes Xanax for canker sores, determines a stubbed toe is a result of undetected pregnancy, and detains anyone with severe depression in the emergency room at the nearest hospital is not to be trusted. Of course these stories were all second hand... It was yesterday that I got to have my own experience.

I go in for my 12:30 appointment only to find out that I had 10 minutes of paperwork to fill out. When they did take me, they took a throat culture for Strep, as it was what my own doctor's nurse recommended. It came up negative, so they did a second for fungus. There wasn't enough of a sample on that, so they did a third, again for fungus. This also came up negative. They decided that they could not determine what I had but were going to prescribe me medicine for a yeast infection and to come back for a follow up on Friday. Perhaps I shouldn't have said that because Ralph has already laughed his ass off at my expense over it. Anyway, this process took an hour and a half, thereby making me miss a class against my will.

I went to Walgreens to get the prescription filled but their computer was down so I had to go to New Berlin to get the crap... Thankfully, it actually seems to be working and the stuff is going away - except now I feel like my heart's exploding every time I swallow ANYTHING. Bloody health center. Knowing my luck this is some terminal illness and the "medicine" they gave me is making it grow faster.

Advising was today... Dr. Menningen never actually asked for my AR, which means he doesn't know I failed Calc II... but that also means he wants me to take a bunch of classes I don't qualify for yet. I apparenly also have to submit a piece of work from Physics last semester that I feel was well-done so they can put it in a portfolio for me. I don't get my advising hold removed until I do this, which means if I don't do it tomorrow I can't register on time. Bah, time to dig through the basement - just glad I didn't burn any of that stuff.

On a good note, I did get to have tons of fun with Andrea yesterday... She always makes everything so much better :)

Okay well I've made this post way too long so I'm gonna stop now... Have a nice day, everyone.
|

<< Home

Archives

October 2003   November 2003   December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   December 2006   March 2007   June 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?