Thursday, April 15, 2004

 
So my advisor has advised me to not get absolute entry into that class I need to graduate (Electricity & Magnetism I). He said it would be best to take it independent study, but also said nobody else in the department would probably teach it. He recommended going to my old Calc II teacher (yes, the one I failed with) and asking him to let me do it independently later since he's teaching it in the fall. Of course, this problem would've been solved if my advisor weren't leaving in the first place: "I would be happy to do the course independent study with you if I was still going to be here... But I won't be." He did offer to do the course through email with me when he goes to Steven's Point, but was very reluctant to offer that. I guess I'll talk to my former Calc II teacher and see if I can take the course over winter break - and if not, then Dr. Menningen might still have one student at Whitewater....

Okay, so now that I got that rant out of the way, I must say I'm a bit down today. Not just because of this E&M fiasco, but because today was the first day since last week Monday that I did not get to see Andrea. We had a nice 10 day streak going there but had to break it today because she needs to actually get some work done and I need to go get paid. Oh well, I'll see her tomorrow at least.

I've realized that I've fallen rather behind on my schoolwork. Perhaps this is because I've been busy, but more likely I've been freaking out over this graduation thing... I don't *think* I'll need to stay here an extra semester/year, but it hinges on whether or not I can do E&M Indy Study. Plus I'll have to take Optics as an elective now which I was really hoping to avoid. I wanted to take something else like Modern Physics in its place because I hear it's boring but at least it would involve working with holograms, and that can't be too bad, right?

Also I realized while I was in Dr. Menningen's office I should've declared that Math Minor. Damn. Oh well, that much I can just do through the department secretary. For now it's time to go get some real work done.
|

<< Home

Archives

October 2003   November 2003   December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   December 2006   March 2007   June 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?