Thursday, April 29, 2004

 
Today was interesting. Networking consisted of an open forum discussing the pending changes to the CEUT curriculum. Well, apparently now it's the IT curriculum. Yes, the department has officially changed its name because apparently students were complaining that no employers knew what Computer End User Technologies meant. This won't help me any because I will be grandfathered in under the old name. Of course Dr. Chenoweth used the example that MIS can either be a computer degree or a library degree depending on the school, so employers would be smart to either look at a transcript or just call the university which awarded it. I think the biggest problem I have with this change is that it may mean no more wireless networking as an elective. I *really* wanted to take that class!

It is a good thing I got grandfathered in, though, because apparently they may no longer offer the program as a minor. This is in part because they are creating three new majors/emphases under the IT heading and integrating MCS into the coursework, but also it is because they apparently only have 3 professors officially in the CEUT/IT department and one is taking sabbatical next year... plus they hired a guy this year who quit on the first day. And I thought the physics department had it bad.

Speaking of physics, I discovered that UWM offers a PhD in it. I also didn't realize that you didn't have to get a Master's Degree before getting a PhD at all schools. Interesting. Don't ask me why I didn't know that. Still, nobody ever graduates from UWM anyway.

Went to Romine's and shot pool with dad tonight... Yeah we both sucked greatly. It was still fun though. Also picked up the new D-12 CD today but haven't listened to it yet.

Now, it's back to the homework. Blech.
|

<< Home

Archives

October 2003   November 2003   December 2003   January 2004   February 2004   March 2004   April 2004   May 2004   June 2004   July 2004   October 2004   November 2004   December 2004   January 2005   February 2005   March 2005   April 2005   May 2005   June 2005   July 2005   September 2005   October 2005   November 2005   December 2005   January 2006   February 2006   March 2006   May 2006   June 2006   July 2006   August 2006   September 2006   October 2006   December 2006   March 2007   June 2007  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?